Saturday, May 3, 2008

All the people in my life are out doing important things: working, errands, whatever Emmy does when she is out, thinking of traveling home from college "sometime soon", and so forth. The dog is nowhere to be seen.

I stayed home from errands to work on TNEO stuff. My work style is chaotic and baffling to people outside my brain, I'm sure. I have to do things in a certain way: that certain way is to follow my brain where it leads, even if it leads to running upstairs to look up a Calvin and Hobbes strip. Muses aren't will o' wisps, I guess, but usually they feel like that. I jump around the internet and go for agitated walks. Eventually, my brain says, "aha, found it!" and then it comes. It ALWAYS works this way.

But when I say to my adoring family-fans, "don't interrupt me, I'm working", what are they to think? Oh, working. That's what she calls it.

No comments:

Post a Comment